Lame Front-End is a graphical interface for the popular and very fast MP3 encoder and decoder - LAME. It offers easy access to all LAME parameters without the need for command line usage.
The program offers a simple mode (for beginners), which was designed according to the LAME authors guidelines (http://lame.sourceforge.net/lame_ui_example.php), and an advanced mode which reveals additional expert options.
Lame Front-End can work in batch mode, so it can be used by external applications to encoding/decoding files, e.g. by Exact Audio Copy, CDex.
The application is designed for LAME 3.99.5 - the latest stable version available in March 2013.
The most important features of the Lame Front-End:
* Converting WAV, PCM, AIFF, RAW files to MP3 (encoding).
* Converting MP3, MP2, MP1 files to WAV (decoding).
* Transcoding MP3 files.
* Two modes: Simple for beginners, Expert for advanced users.
* Saving ID3v2 tags in the MP3 files.
* Integration with the Windows Explorer (optional). Program adds a command Open with Lame Front-End to the context menu for supported files.
* Saving and loading LAME parameters.
* Portability. The program can be installed on mobile devices.
* Supported languages: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
* 100% freeware - for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, adware, spyware etc.
Lame Front-End is a free software application from the Audio Encoders/Decoders subcategory, part of the Audio & Multimedia category.
The app is currently available in English, Chinese, ChineseSimplified, ChineseTraditional, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and it was last updated on 2013-03-15. The program can be installed on Win2000, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinOther, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP, Other.
Lame Front-End (version 1.8) has a file size of 1.63 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 63 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.